Friday, April 15, 2011

Thoughts to Calm

Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD who has compassion on you.... I will make your battlements of rubies, your gates of sparkling jewels, and all of your walls of precious stones.  All your sons will be taught by the LORD, and great will be your children's peace.  In righteousness you will be established; Tyranny will be far from you: you will have nothing to fear.  Terror will be removed; it will not come near you.  If anyone does attack you it will not be my doing; whoever attacks you will surrender to you.  "See, it is I who created the blacksmith who fans the coals into flame and forges a weapon fit for its work. And it is I who have created the destroyer to work havoc; no weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you.  This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD and this is their vindication from me," declares the LORD.

Isaiah 54:10, 12-17

My days have been like night.  Heart racing.  Pounding seemingly out of my chest.  How do I cope?  I run to the Lord whose love for me is unshaken with only groans too anxious to get anything out?  I know my help comes from the Lord the maker of heaven and earth, but I can't seem to grasp all of this.  1 John 4:18 says, "but perfect love drives out fear."  How do I know that perfect, agape, love drives out fear?  I have to believe... but how?

Trust.  Prayer.  Just.  Keep.  Going.  My thoughts are calmer and my faith is growing, trusting, that the God of compassion, who created me WILL NOT remove his covenant of peace from me.  Even in the midst of this anxiety He, the Holy One is here!  The Calmer of the Storm.

Tears creep up.  Terror will be removed and not come near me?  I will have NOTHING TO FEAR!

The fear, anxiety, trembling, go running for the door.  The LORD of compassion, peace, and comfort dwells here.  Here in my heart and in my home!




1 comment:

  1. And His Word promises that He will give his angels charge over us! If we can believe anything about His Word, even our very salvation, we must believe that He is our Peace, that has broken down every wall! The walls of containment that the enemy would want to put around you are no match for this Jesus... King of Kings, and Lord of Lords! Powerful, Mighty, Awesome God. That is our Savior, who loved you enough to give his life for you. He is there with you, my wonderful friend, surrounding you with an amazing love that only He can give.

    ReplyDelete