Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Call Me Crazy.....

Have you heard?  There is a crisis in the Horn of Africa.  300 kiddos died today in the Horn of Africa from hunger, thirst, and starvation.  It makes me sick.  According to UNICEF, "more than 10 million people across the Horn of Africa are in dire need of humanitarian assistance due to a deadly combination of drought, escalating food prices and armed conflict. Hundreds of thousands of children are facing death due to starvation."


As I woke this morning, still praying for these desperate people, I felt God once again saying there is something He wants me to do about this.  These Africans are desperate for help and I think we can help them!  It may be small, but I can't turn my back and watch these people that I fell in love with starve to death.


My co-worker Chris and I have again decided to sell cookie dough!  Our goal is to raise $500 to be donated to UNICEF as quickly as possible.  UNICEF is on the ground providing help right now, as I type, and as you read!  How cool is that?  We can't wait! 


We are going to again sell Chocolate Chip and Peanut Butter Cookie DOUGH!  Each batch of frozen dough is $10.  In addition, we will be selling that same scrumptious dough, in pre-made balls for your easy baking pleasure for $15 a batch.  The $5 is well worth it!  You can just bake two cookies for dessert if you would like and leave the rest for later!  


Could you help?  Could you help us make a dent in helping to end starvation in this dessert land?  


If you are interested in cookie dough please leave a comment that includes how we can get ahold of you and how many batches you would like.  Or feel free to e-mail me at ajhalron at gmail dot com.  


How fast do you think we can accomplish our goal?  My guess is 4 weeks!  I know we can do it with your help!  


Ready, set, go!


Still looking for more facts on what is going on?  Check out these horrific statistics at Charity Navigator.





No comments:

Post a Comment